The Sharing Revolution Conference- Listed as a top trend by TIME magazine, the “sharing economy” is expanding rapidly as people create car shares, neighborhood tool lending libraries, fruit/vegetable exchanges, babysitting co-ops, vacation house swaps, “time banks” and other innovative approaches to reduce our impact on Earth, build community — and save money, too.
Bring a couple of friends and neighbors from other community groups. You’ll finish the day inspired and with a plan to get started.
Hear from Inspiring Experts
* Neal Gorenflo, Co-Founder, Shareable
* Janelle Orsi, Author, The Sharing Solution: How to Save Money, Simplify Your Life & Build Community
* Cecile Andrews, Author, Slow Is Beautiful
* Ed Everett, Community Strategist, GoGoVerde
* Plus over 15 organizations with cool ideas to make sharing easier, including Bay Area Community Exchange, RelayRides, JardinMatch, Neighborhood Growing Circles, Grubly, JustShareIt, TaskRabbit, Transition Towns, North Willow Glen Neighborhood Association Produce Share, Mountain View Cohousing Community, and more!
Share Innovative Ideas & Form Sharing Groups
* Put your learning into practice, right on the spot!
* Got a great idea? Share it at “The Sharing Revolution” Facebook page and in-person at the conference.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Mountain View Senior Center, 266 Escuela Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94040 [MAP]
Registration Fee (includes sustainable lunch):
$25 through June 17
$25 June 1-17
$30 at the door
Optional $15 for a signed, pre-owned copy of The Sharing Solution